You should learn how to defend yourself against a person armed with a piece of fresh fruit!
A Florida man was arrested after authorities say he attacked his girlfriend with a banana. Phillip was arrested Wednesday on charges of domestic battery and resisting arrest without violence related to the fruit fight, according to the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office.
Lessons here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5gqILMUfaU
And now for something completely different.
Trying to create an account for Obamacare:
After giving three unique answers I got this:
“Please note that two or more answers to the security questions cannot be the same. You must provide distinct answers to the chosen security questions. Please wait a few moments and try again.”
This email, from an employee of a client, was forwarded to me from the boss via email:
Network is down again… Emails… etc are all down.
Um, really? Funny how emails go out when the email is down.
I have a client with SBS 2003 and the cert just expired. I went through the “Connect to the Internet” network task under the server management console to install a new cert. The firewall config failed and aftewards IIS wouldn’t start because HTTP SSL wouldn’t start with event id 7023 – “The system cannot find the file specified.” This is the second client that this has happened too. The first client was resolved by removing ISA. A Google search found others with the issue and mixed results and a lot of scary solutions. After seeing something about conflicting services I decided to just stop all third party services – APC, BES, Cloudmark, GFI, Vipre – as well as IIS admin. After that I reran the task and it succeeded and all services started just fine. I don’t know who the culprit was but I’ll blame BES just because I don’t like it.
This was on the back of an envelope from the IRS. Maybe congress should learn ways to manage our money.
Couldn’t resist posting this screenshot of a client’s request.
I love my Dell Streak but I thought when I bought it last year I was going to be able to upgrade to Android 2.2. It turned out it hadn’t been released for the Streak yet. It was released last year in November and started going out to unlocked phones (I paid full price but my phone was still locked to AT&T). Supposedly it started going out to AT&T phones on February 1st. I’ve been patiently waiting for months and my patience wore out after yet another delay and I decided to go ahead and upgrade it myself – I wish I would have done it a long time ago. It took me a little while so I thought I would include the links if anyone else is ready to take the plunge.
The instructions on this page are very good. I have a i7 processor with Windows 7 64-bit and gave up trying to get it to work so I had to use an XP box.
Afterwards I upgraded to the latest official release since the 2.2 included with QDLTool was a prerelease. The new link on the phone for upgrade didn’t work but the link supplied in the above instructions did work.
I had backed up my apps and data using TitaniumBackup which requires the phone to be rooted. That was a piece of cake on 1.6 as UniversalRoot did a great job. However, its a little more difficult on 2.2.
First of all, I used the instructions here to get my computer to talk to the phone (went back to the Windows 7 machine).
Then I found where other root programs had worked for people on 2.2 but I could not get them to work (Z4 or SuperOneClick) but I was able to root manually with the following instructions:
The instructions include copying busybox but it didn’t have a link that I saw. It can be downloaded here:
Overall it took me about an hour to upgrade the phone (most of which was the download) but took another three to root it (should be much faster with links provided) and another hour to restore and reconfigure.
I don’t care much for the new Dell Stage and ended up putting LauncherPro on which I like a lot. Also, although I do like the swype keyboard I found a keyboard that works great with the 5″ Streak (also comes with 7″ and 10″ versions) called Thumb Keyboard (Phone/Tablet) by Beansoft.
I needed to export a number of tables from a SQL server to text files today. BCP is great but doesn’t include header information which I needed. With some help from a couple of internet posts I wrote this batch file which worked great. It will take all the tables from a database (edit batch file to specify the database name) and export them to separate pipe delimited files. You can change the delimiter by replacing the two ^| with , if you want comma-delimited. It will also pause after creating the list of tables and open a notepad of all of the tables allowing you to remove any tables that don’t need to be exported (in my case they had a few tables containing binary attachments). Existing files are NOT overwritten allowing you to restart if needed.